8/07/2007

Pictures

So, a month after his first birthday I finally got around to taking Aidan for pictures for his 1st birthday. I had thought about going to Picture People because I hear they are really good with kids that move around a lot (the photographer moves around with the camera). But since JCPenney's is only 10 minutes away I opted to go there this morning (and it is cheaper so if the pictures aren't great I won't waste a lot of money).
Now, Aidan is teething and been quite cranky, but I figured he would be okay, might not smile much (doesn't do that anyway when out in public) but would give it a try. Well it was just as I thought, not one smile. I think we got one good shot of him with a birthday cake with a slight smirk, that looks like a smile. Then I had the photographer get a couple of Dylan and Aidan, which went just the same. Dylan kept saying cheese, but Aidan was emotionless. Out of the 4 he took of the two boys I only liked one. The photographer wasn't overly kid friendly; he put a puppet on his hand and kept squeaking it, but didn't do much to try and get Aidan to smile. I kept trying and even tried to recruit Dylan, but it didn't work.
Luckily I only spent $8 and will be taking them to Picture People to see if I can get some really good pics of them.
Oh, and while I was reviewing the pictures learned that having Dylan play peek-a-boo with Aidan makes him smile and laugh; now if I had only known that 1/2 hour earlier :)

No comments: