8/24/2007

Bows on frogs????

Today we took our weekly trip to the library. On our way I noticed something blow/hop onto the road so I stopped not knowing what it was. I backed the car up a bit so I could see it and it was a frog. I got out of the car to try and startle it to go back into the grass on the side of the road. Well the darn thing wouldn't budge. So I got back into the car and drove around it. I looked in my rearview mirror and saw that when the next car passed it it hopped back into the grass. Anyway...Dylan asked me what it was so I told him it was a frog. He asked me if it was a boy or a girl frog.

I said "I don't know" (an answer I give him frequently).

He said, "It was a boy frog Mommy because it didn't have a bow on it; girl frogs have bows".

I said, "oh, like Daisy Duck has a bow and Donald doesn't?"

He said, "yes"

I did tell him that real ducks don't wear bows but he swears he has seen a real duck on television with a bow. Not sure where.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's classic!!

Anonymous said...

You gotta love it. I do. :-)

aunt judy

Anonymous said...

girl frogs have bows - I LOVE IT!

this kid is great - i can't wait to engage in conversation with him when you guys visit.