5/12/2008

"Why is Jesus on the cross?"

Yesterday was Reid's (my cousin's son) christening and I was the godmother so Dylan and Aidan sat with Dave and my parents. Well Adian got to a point where he just kept whining "momma, momma" so Dave had to take him outside. So Dylan sat with Grandma and I found out after the ceremony that Dylan asked my mom, "Why is Jesus on the cross and why did he die?" My mom told me she wasn't sure what to tell him so I told him that Jesus died so that we could all get in to heaven. He then asked why he was on the cross so I told him, "Way back then they used to put bad people there and they thought Jesus was bad". This led to Dylan asking, "what kind of bad people, what did they do?" I told him, "bad people like those people that steal things and those that aren't nice to others". Thank goodness this ended the discussion and he moved onto something else. The kid really keeps you on your toes.

No comments: