2/13/2008

The things he says/asks

Today I was putting Dylan in for a nap and I am not sure how the conversation started but here is how it went
Dylan: "God made me special" (he has listened to a Veggie Tale CD that is titled this)
Me: "Yes he did"
Dylan: "How did God make me?"
Me: "He put you in Mommy's belly"
Dylan: "And you took pictures"
Me (after realizing he is referring to the ultrasound pics on my dresser): "Mommy's doctor has a special camera that took those pictures of you and Aidan"
Dylan: "Did I see God?"
Me: "No, noone really sees God? Can we stop talking about this now?"
Dylan: "No. How did God put me in your belly?"
Me: "I don't know. God does things that we don't always know how he does them"
Dylan: "Does he have a magic wand?"
Me (sort of laughing): "No, he is magical and somehow puts babies inside Mommies. OK?"
Dylan: "Ok"


There have been some other things he has said that are comical, like one day in a conversation at lunch I told Dave that I had chocolate on my mind and Dylan said "I don't see any chocolate Mommy"
Then another time when having lunch with Grandpa Dylan was doing some annoying things and I said to him, "Dylan, you know you are really pushing the envelope" and he said "Where's the envelope?"

1 comment:

Kevin said...

classic lines! SO CUTE.

oh those questions are coming at some point over here. and I am going to direct them straight to mommy :-)