11/30/2007

December 1st---a date we will always remember

Hard, and sad, to believe that tomorrow marks one year since Dylan was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. I didn't think I would be one of those moms that thinks about the pre-D days, but for the past few days I have been thinking about those days and the days leading up to his diagnosis. I will never forget that shocked feeling I had when I took him to his pediatrician and he told me the news. It was utter shock and I don't think I understood the huge turn our lives were about to take. And then seeing my poor little boy spend the next 5 days in the hospital.

Luckily we are spending the weekend busy with Christmas decorating so it won't be such a downer of a weekend. We have plans to have portraits taken tomorrow, visit with Santa either tomorrow or Sunday, decorate the tree Sunday and build a gingerbread house. Quite a busy weekend but at least we won't be thinking about what a horrible time it was for us a year ago.

I just hope that soon we will be able to remember a more important date----the date he gets a cure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was thinking this very same thing yesterday but didn't want to say anything to anyone. i'm glad you guys are keeping busy. i'm sure the date he gets a cure will be here sooner than we all think.

Unknown said...

Yes, I remember, too. We can't stop the bad things but we can celebrate the growth we make as individuals when we see the strength you and Dave have shown in managing your new lives, and wonderful little Dylan, who has shown us all how to handle adversity.

Love you guys,

aunt Judy